Drag Racing â€“ Champ Converters
DRAG RACING’S BEST TORQUE CONVERTER DRIVE UNIT!!! Quick Drive, LLC www.quickdriveracing.com 9645 Tammy Lane (303) 905-9923 SERIAL # _____ Congratulations on your choice of the Quick Drive, the finest torque converter drive unit available! This information herein is provided to guide you through your installation and use of your Quick Drive. This unit is designed to be used for racing... BTE and every other racing torque converter builder in the world have a secret. From the 4,000 horsepower ADRL Pro Mods to 10,000 RPM competition eliminator 6 cylinder dragsters or even the Baja endurance trucks, the torque converters selected for performance applications are derived directly from the large automaker's OEM designs.
Drag Race Converters
For racing and performance purposes, many people want a torque converter with higher stall speeds that allow the RPM to pick up before the engine engages the transmission. For typical day-to-day transpiration purposes, most drivers simply want a torque converter that can help them stop at a red light without having to bare down on the brake pedal.... The Drag Race Analyzer asks for Torque Converter Capacity as an input, but has a method to estimate the capacity from the torque curve you have entered into the program, and the converter’s stall RPM. Capacities range from 80 for a very tight converter up to 400 or higher for very high stall (loose) converters. You can enter the stall RPM, and the program shows the required converter
Drag Race Converters
Coan Engineering provides “A Winning Combination” of performance transmission components and torque converters to racers across the globe by implementing the most advanced design and manufacturing techniques in the industry. how to build noise instruments 10/08/2018 · A torque converter reacts to engine torque--the more torque you feed a converter the better it will perform. For a converter to operate properly, the engine needs to make as much low and mid-range torque as possible in the same rpm range the converter is rated for. For street engines, this means limiting camshafts to 230A° duration at .050" lift, advancing the cam no more than 2A°-4A
Choosing The Perfect Torque Converter
While torque converter-equipped drag racing vehicles typically are quicker in the early part of the race track, they’re at a disadvantage to their clutch-driven counterparts in the back end of the race track and in ultimate mile-per-hour capabilities. how to choose discount rate for irr If choosing a torque converter for use in a street car, you might want to select a torque converter with a stall speed that is below the engine RPM at 70 mph, since this is where your engine will spend a lot of its time. An exception to this theory is if the transmission/converter is equipped with lock-up feature.
How long can it take?
Understanding Torque Converters Part 2 How they wor
- Choose the Right Performance Torque Converter for the AOD
- How To Pick The Right Supercharger Supercharger Forums
- How To Choose The Right Heavy Duty Torque Tool
- How to Pick a Torque Converter For Your Big Tire Drag Car
How To Choose The Right Torque Converter For Drag Racing
Not so long ago, the manual transmission was considered, generally speaking, as the best transmission for this purpose. In 4WD applications, in particular, they were almost a truck transmission, intended to cope with the rigours of hard-core offroading and commercial use, where the manufacturers built in a high threshold for abuse.
- Best Torque Converter for Drag Racing When it comes to picking the right torque converter for your strip/street vehicle or race car, it is vital that you follow the logical process to help pick the right parts.
- Overtightening can distort the bearing shells, resulting in bearing drag, vibration and bearing failure. Proper torque for 1-1?16-inch and 1-1?8-inch caps is 14–17 lbs./ft. and 20 lbs./ft. for 1-3?16-inch cap diameter, according to Inland Empire Driveline Service. If you can’t access the nuts with a torque wrench, the company suggests using an approximation by tightening until a new
- There are some trends, which appear in the torque converter selection process, that tend to influence the selection of stall speed.For example, a three-speed "prefers" a converter designed to work
- Understanding Torque Converters Part 2 from Hemmings Muscle Machines March, 2006 - Jim O'Clair Last month we gave you some insight into the inner workings of a torque converter, as well as some of the things to consider before you buy one.